Monday, January 28, 2013

Divine Haircut!

I have found my salon.

I am not necessarily a girly girl, I don't use any hair products except shampoo and conditioner on a daily basis, I wash, dry and go, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy a good wash, scalp massage and haircut at a salon.

And I have found my new favorite!  Divine Body and Styles Organic Salon and Spa is Madison's first and only organic salon, and it's just beautiful!  Located in Westport, the space is open, light and airy with a delicate, tranquil fragrance wafting through the air.  No chemical or nose-stinging scents here, just gentle, herbal tones of essential oils.  I instantly felt peaceful when I walked in Friday afternoon after a full work week.  

Angela Kowieski, the owner and Certified Organic Hair Colorist, is welcoming, friendly and knowledgeable about alternatives to chemical-laden beauty products.  She is even creating her own line of skin care products, to be sold at the salon.

After a relaxing wash with wonderfully scented shampoo, I received a calming scalp massage and an application of leave in conditioner oils.  Then the most awesome part - I got the best haircut of my life!  I had about 3 inches of dry, split ends - I know, I waited too long.  But, I was waiting for the Divine, and I got it!  My hair is bouncy, healthy and easy to manage, and I will be stopping back in to get some of the hair oil Angela put on for conditioner - it made my hair soft and shiny - not greasy at all!

I highly recommend getting yourself over to the Divine Body and Styles Organic Salon and Spa as soon as possible, especially if you are looking to clean up your act, and want to use products made from naturally derived ingredients that are actually good for you and the earth.  I can't wait to go back to try the other services, including a facial, massage and a Mehndi Henna Tattoo!



  


No comments:

Post a Comment