Monday, December 17, 2012

Coffee Alternative?


In my quest to drink less coffee, I made an amazing discovery!  Teeccino! 



What is Teeccino, you ask?  Only the best tasting, non-caffeinated coffee substitute there is.  Wait, I wouldn’t even call it a substitute; it’s in a class all on its own. 

Teeccino is roasted and ground to brew just like coffee, but without caffeine, acidity and that oh-so-lovely intestinal irritation.  My favorite flavors are Chocolate Mint – which tastes like a minty dessert, and Caramel Nut, which has such a wonderful aroma; you know it’s going to taste like heaven in a mug. 

I drink coffee for the taste, not for the caffeine (although on a recent road trip, I did drink it for the caffeine).  So the fact that Teeccino has a stronger, coffee like flavor, is perfect for me.
I buy it in the teabag style, as I usually only drink one mug a day.  It is recommended to steep the bag for 3-5 minutes, but I steep for at least 5 if not 6 or 7, in order to get the stronger flavor I enjoy.  Add a touch of raw, local honey and/or a bit of coconut milk, and I have myself a satisfying, tasty morning (or anytime) beverage!

Click here for more info, or to order your own:  http://teeccino.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment