Thursday, December 6, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

It's really never too early to start thinking about the things you want to accomplish in the new year.  I know, I know, a lot of people make these totally unrealistic resolutions, and then feel awful about themselves when they fall short of their goals.  Guilty!  Sometimes I just get a little too ambitious and am unable to fit it all in between all the regular things I am doing each day, week, year.

It doesn't have to be that way.  It is possible to make achievable resolutions and goals for yourself.  Think about the top three things you want to do this year.  Whether it is for yourself, your family, your career or your relationships, if you can break the goals down into realistic pieces, the resolutions won't seem so daunting, and you'll find it is harder to talk yourself out of trying to achieve them.

I will share some of mine with you:

  1. Limit coffee consumption to just once a week.  First I will go down to 3-4 times a week, then 2-3 times a week, then voila!  I will be at once a week!  Nothing against coffee, I enjoy the taste and the slight buzz I get,  plus there are a few health benefits, but it doesn't serve my body well when I drink it every day.
  2. Weave more spirituality and meditation into my yoga practice and my daily life.  Whoa, this is a good one!  I practice yoga about 5 times a week, and I am happy with that, but I want to learn how to interlink the spirituality aspect by mediating regularly.  I also want to learn to meditate more effectively, and am going to start with some guided meditation CD's.  
  3. Add 1 vegan meal a week into my family's menu.  I will admit, this one is a rollover from last year.  It's hard to be mindful of cheese.  We love it in our house - we are Wisconsinites, after all!  Finding easy and tasty dishes will be key here, and I have many awesome recipes tagged on Pinterest and allrecipes.com.  
There you have it, my top 3, all broken down with steps to achieve them.  That wasn't too hard, right?

I'd be interested in hearing about your goals and aspirations for 2013.  Please share!



No comments:

Post a Comment